Thursday, September 11, 2008

Incredibly, it seems to be working:
But if I'm really honest with myself, I'm mostly just happy that there's another woman on the national political stage. I think it's good for my 8-year-old daughter, who has called Hillary Clinton her idol. She doesn't love Hillary because of her health-care policy or pro-choice stance: she loves Hillary because she thinks girls rule. The more powerful women there are on the national stage, the better it is for all women, because this is a game of numbers.
The McCain camp obviously felt they could attract X number of female voters based strictly on what's between the candidate's legs, not ears. One would think most women would see through this craven grab for their votes, that they would realize what's important is not the sex of the candidate but what he/she stands for, the issues! But apparently to some it's simply a "game of numbers," like throwing spaghetti against the wall, so when you have the chance to put a sister in the White House, as Nike says, just do it!

For those women who adopt this line of thinking, I would say they manage to set back women at least 50 years. For those who can't see why this is the case, it just further proves my point.

No comments: